Thursday, May 26, 2011

Franken Time! Rainforest Mist Holo

I was inspired by the sun the other day to put on a holo. Sadly we didn't have any sun for a few days after that, but I can't be too mad because it's BEAUTIFUL out there today! That's 2 gorgeous sunny days in 1 week! *sigh* Yes I'm easy to please. I'm also super happy because my hockey team is in the finals! First time in 17 years (I always say you have to be a true fan to love the Canucks), but they look amazing this year and I'm really hoping it's our year. Go Canucks!!

Anyways, this is a franken I made a few weeks ago. It's a dusty forest green. Maybe a little lighter than a forest green? I made a dusty purple at the same time and I love these both. I don't entirely remember what I used, I know I used a 100 yen store holo in either light or dark grey as the base. I think I added a couple drops of black then used a little Nubar Reclaim. I can't remember what other green I used though, maybe Orly's Enchanted Forest? Seems to me that's what it was.

I love how it turned out, I think I'd had something darker in mind when I started but I think this is really pretty so I left it like this. It makes me think of walks in Goldstream Park back home on a rainy day. The woods gets a rainy mist and it's incredibly beautiful. Vancouver Island has some of the most incredible old growth forests and it's something I do miss.

Anyways, on to the pictures! I hope you like this as much as I did :)






I love my camera (well, technically my husbands camera :P) because it does take great shots and despite how big it is I don't have problems stabilizing it so I don't often get blurry shots. However, it has a tendancy to wash out holos so I like to bust out the little camera too. I have a hard time not taking blurry shots with this one and the colors come out a bit off I think, but it definitely picks up the holo better.



Thanks for looking!
Meeka

No comments:

Post a Comment